Pablo N. D'Erasmo
Economic Advisor and Economist
Phone: (215) 574-6440
Fax: (215) 574-4303
Send an e-mail to Pablo D'Erasmo
Personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/pabloderasmo/
- “What Is Sustainable Public Debt?” with Enrique Mendoza and Jing Zang, in Handbook of Macroeconomics Volume 2B, Amsterdam: North Holland, 2016, pp. 2,493–2,597.
- “Distributional Incentives in an Equilibrium Model of Domestic Sovereign Default,” with Enrique G. Mendoza, Journal of the European Economic Association, 14:1 (2016), pp. 7–44.
- “Access to Credit and the Size of the Formal Sector in Brazil,” Economía, 16:2 (2016), pp. 143–199.
- “Market Exposure and Endogenous Firm Volatility over the Business Cycle,” American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, 8:1 (2016), pp. 148–98.
- “Foreign Competition and Banking Industry Dynamics: An Application to Mexico,” with Dean Corbae, IMF Economic Review, 63:4 (2015), pp. 830–867.
- “Misallocation, Informality, and Human Capital: Understanding the Role of Institutions,” with Hernan J. Moscoso Boedo and Asli Senkal, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 42 (2014), pp. 122–142.
- “Financial Structure, Informality, and Development,” with Hernan Moscoso Boedo, Journal of Monetary Economics, 59:3 (March 2012), pp. 286–302.
- “Politico Economic Consequences of Rising Wage Inequality,” with Dean Corbae and Burhan Kuruscu, Journal of Monetary Economics, 56:1 (January 2009), pp. 43–61.
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia Economic Insights Articles
- "Relationship Networks in Banking Around a Sovereign Default and Currency Crisis" with Hernán Moscoso Boedo, María Pía Olivero, and Máximo Sangiacomo, October 2019.
- "History Remembered: Optimal Sovereign Default on Domestic and External Debt," with Enrique G. Mendoza, July 2019.
- "Banking Regulation with Risk of Sovereign Default," with Igor Livshits and Koen Schoors, February 2019.
- "Reorganization or Liquidation: Bankruptcy Choice and Firm Dynamics," with Dean Corbae, June 2017.
- "Optimal Domestic (and External) Sovereign Default," with Enrique G. Mendoza, February 2017. Superseded by Working Paper 19-31, July 2019.
- "Capital Requirements in a Quantitative Model of Banking Industry Dynamics," with Dean Corbae, April 2014.
- "Investment and Firm Dynamics," April 2011.
- "Government Reputation and Debt Repayment," February 2011.
Works in Progress
- “Relationship Banking, Network Dynamics, and Sovereign Default,” with Hernan Moscoso Boedo and Maria Olivero-Diaz, May 2018.
- “Measuring Banking Inequality,” with Dean Corbae, October 2017.
- “Banking Regulation and Local Market Competition in the Commercial Real Estate Market,” September 2017.
- “Endogenous Networks and Banking,” with Selman Erol and Guillermo Ordoñez, July 2017.
- “Sovereign Risk and Bank Balance Sheets: The Role of Macroprudential Policies,” with Emine Boz and Bora Durdu, July 2016.
- “Debt Deleveraging, Unemployment, and Macroprudential Policy,” with Javier Bianchi and Enrique Mendoza, September 2015.