Monday, September 1, 2014
Home > Consumer Credit & Payments > Payment Cards Center > Payment Cards Center Publications
Payment Cards Center Publications
Discussion papers are written by center staff for a wide audience, including industry professionals, regulators, consumers, and academics. Discussion papers can be based on PCC-sponsored workshops or on original staff research.
More Discussion Papers
- 14-21: Should Defaults Be Forgotten? Evidence from Variation in Removal of Negative Consumer Credit Information by Marieke Bos and Leonard Nakamura
- 14-18: Financial Benefits, Travel Costs, and Bankruptcy by Vyacheslav Mikhed and Barry Scholnick
- 14-17: How Do Exogenous Shocks Cause Bankruptcy? Balance Sheet and Income Statement Channels by Vyacheslav Mikhed and Barry Scholnick
- 14-7: The Economics of Debt Collection: Enforcement of Consumer Credit Contracts by Viktar Fedaseyeu and Robert Hunt
- 13-38: Debt Collection Agencies and the Supply of Consumer Credit by Viktar Fedaseyeu
- 13-12: Modeling the Credit Card Revolution: The Role of Debt Collection and Informal Bankruptcy by Lukasz A. Drozd and Ricardo Serrano-Padial
- 12-22: The Agglomeration of R&D Labs by Gerald Carlino, Robert M. Hunt, Jake K. Carr, and Tony E. Smith
- 12-12: Getting Rid of Paper: Savings from Check 21 by David B. Humphrey and Robert Hunt
- 11-17: Limited and Varying Consumer Attention: Evidence from Shocks to the Salience of Bank Overdraft Fees by Victor Stango and Jonathan Zinman
- 11-11: Is Technology-Enhanced Credit Counseling as Effective as In-Person Delivery? by John M. Barron and Michael E. Staten
- 10-13: What "Triggers" Mortgage Default? by Ronel Elul, Nicholas S. Souleles, Souphala Chomsisengphet, Dennis Glennon, and Robert M. Hunt
- 08-32 Restricting Consumer Credit Access: Household Survey Evidence on Effects Around the Oregon Rate Cap by Jonathan Zinman
- 08-18 In Harm's Way? Payday Loan Access and Military Personnel Performance by Scott Carrell and Jonathan Zinman
- 07-34 The Reaction of Consumer Spending and Debt to Tax Rebates: Evidence from Consumer Credit Data by Sumit Agarwal, Chunlin Liu, and Nicholas Souleles
- 07-33 Net Worth and Housing Equity in Retirement by Todd Sinai and Nicholas Souleles
- 07-32 Payment Network Scale Economies, SEPA, and Cash Replacement
by Wilko Bolt and David Humphrey
- 07-20 Intellectual Property Rights and Standard Setting in Financial Services: The Case of the Single European Payments Area by Robert M. Hunt, Samuli Simojoki, and Tuomas Takalo
The PCC Note is a short article written by Payment Cards Center staff that highlights current topics related to consumer credit and payments. Like Discussion Papers, the PCC Note was developed to provide timely information for a diverse audience, including professionals, regulators, consumers, and academics. Papers will be added to this collection periodically.
PCC Note Main Page
Update is a periodic publication highlighting Payment Cards Center activities and industry developments of interest to those in the payment cards industry, academia, and the public policy sector.
Special Edition 2012
To help guide you through the latest changes to the Payment Cards Center’s web pages, we are pleased to announce that we’ve published a special edition of Update newsletter. In this edition, you can view a screen shot highlighting the new web features.
Read the newsletter. (341 KB, 8 pages)
Update Newsletter Main Page